Senior Pastor’s Devotional
Day 23 Movement Control Order – “Strategic Psalm 91 Watch”
The Lord’s prayer.
“And help us not to yield to temptations but deliver us from the evil one.”
As we continue to look at temptation, there is no doubt that we need God “to deliver us from the evil one.
Why did Jesus teach us to pray in such a manner?
We battle against the spiritual evil powers.
-Ephesians 6:10-12. (Please read)
There are 5 important truths that you must know from here:-
a. There is an invisible World that is as real as the Visible World.
-we are so used to accept as reality only those things that we can see, hear, touch, smell or taste.
-but the fact is that the invisible world is as real. It is the spiritual world.
How do we explain the ‘spiritual world’?
• The spiritual world comprise of the fallen angels which we call ‘demons’.
Rev.16:14-“These miracle working demons caused all the rulers of the world to gather to battle against the Lord on the great judgement day of God Almighty.”
• It also comprise of the ‘angels of God’.
Matthew 4:11-“Then the Devil went away and angels came and cared for Jesus.”
• God’s throne room or heaven is also in the spiritual world.
Rev 7:11-“And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living beings. And they fell face down before the throne and worshiped God.”
Paul in a vision described the ‘third heaven” (2 Cor. 12:2-3).
b. We are involved in an invisible war,
-2 Corinthians 4:4-“The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.”
Question:- How does this invisible war or spiritual warfare takes place?
• Spiritual warfare comes in the form of TEMPTATIONS like the one that Jesus experienced in the wilderness where he was given the suggestion to jump from a high rise.
• It can come as a DECEPTION where people are misled to pray to all types of false gods.
• It can come as a BONDAGE where a gambler, alcoholic, drug user or porn addiction where the person finds it hard to break.
• It can come in the form of HINDERANCES, to discourage you to fulfilling God’s will.)
………..to be continued…