Senior Pastor’s Devotional
Day 38 Movement Control Order – “Strategic Psalm 91 Watch”
The first six verses of Isaiah 43 tells us at least ten reasons to “fear not.”
1) Fear not, for I have redeemed you (vs 1)
2) Fear not, for I have summoned you by name (vs 1)
3) Fear not, for you are mine (vs 1)
4) Fear not, for I will be with you (vs 2)
5) Fear not, for I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior (vs 3)
6) Fear not, for I give Egypt for your ransom … (vs 3)
7) Fear not, since you are precious and honored in my sight (vs 4)
8) Fear not, because I love you (vs 4)
9) Fear not, because I will give men in exchange for you, and people in
exchange for your life (vs 4)
10) Fear not, for I will bring/gather your children (vs 5)
“I have redeemed you.” When the children of Israel heard this, they could right away think of Israel’s redemption from Egypt. Remember how the Angel of the Lord went through the land of Egypt killing all the first born? Remember how every house that paid the redemption price was passed over? Remember the redemption price – the blood of the Passover lamb?
“I have redeemed you.” I have paid the price for you. I have set you free from your bondage in Egypt.
“I have redeemed you.” This phrase includes more than Egypt. It also includes deliverance from Exile. And, it includes the redemption that is ours in Christ – when He was the Passover Lamb Who died for us on the cross.
Notice also Verse 2 – “When you pass through the rivers, the waters and the fire….I will be with you.
*Why does God want us to pass through those instead of just removing it?
There are of course divine purposes to be achieved. One of the reason is that it is a refining process.
Nonetheless, this truth remains – ‘you will pass through it successfully.’