Events / Recent Happenings
Emotional Wellness in the Midst of Crisis and Challenges
Helping other and ourselves when the need arises.
Is this for me?
Are you performing a critical function during the COVID-19 pandemic? Is your work essential to the survival of people affected by COVID-19? Or to keep systems and services functioning for the benefit of everyone? If yes, then this information is for you!
You may be working as a:
- Healthcare professional (e.g. nurse, counsellor, social worker);
- First responder (e.g. police, firefighter, ambulance driver);
- Supply chain provider (e.g. funeral work, transport, sanitation);
- Supporting those who are vulnerable or a homemaker with additional workload; or,
- Supervising volunteers / those above.
What will I learn?
Basic psychosocial skills are at the core of helping others to feel better.
We will be covering:
Session 1: Our own well-being and Caring for others
- Presenting yourself in everyday interactions
- Do’s and don’ts during care
- Words and body language
- When communicating remotely
Session 2: Offering Support and Helping those in stress
- Offering information / items
- Linking others to resources
- Helping others to help themselves
- Signs of stress/serious distress and how to destress
- Addressing managers and supervisors who support staff / volunteers
- Online session (via zoom)
- 1 to 1.5 hour
- 30 to 40 mins presentation (incl. activities), followed by Q & A / case study
Session 1: 4 July 2020 (Saturday) | 10.00am to 11.30am
Session 2: 11 July 2020 (Saturday) | 10.00am to 11.30am
FREE online zoom session (with brief case consultation if time permits)
Conducted by: Charis Counselling Department
Limited to 100 participants only. First-come-first-serve basis.